Did you visit the Halloween Railroad this weekend? We gerbils LOVED it and wish our friendly librarian-keepers would have let us run around Spookytown with the trains ourselves... it's perfectly sized for the three of us. (Well, Merlin might have some trouble fitting in a few places... but you didn't hear that from Arthur or Lance.) Check our Facebook page for photos & video from Saturday's event.
112 School Closings
During the District 112 school closings, the library will join other community agencies in helping families find safe activities for their children. Click here for Library activities.
Autumn is in full swing here at the library... take a look at the exciting programs coming up this month
What a beautiful fall day it is! All the leaves around the library are beginning to turn beautiful colors & we gerbils are loving it.
* Fall storytimes with Miss Deena are under way and you can still register!
* The library will open at 11am on Wednesday, October 3, due to a staff meeting.
* Outdoor Drop-In Chess continues this Saturday at 10:30. We hope it stays warm and sunny so that it can stay outdoors... but if not, we'll see you in the Meeting Room.
Wow! For a second weekend in a row we gerbils went on vacation!
This Week in the Library
* Our 125th anniversary celebration began September 9th and will continue this month with wonderful events and historical displays of library history in the lobby.
* Drop-In Chess continues this Saturday, the 15th, outside the lower entrance (weather location is Meeting Room).
We gerbils are pleased to tell you that authors Dan Gutman and Jon Scieszka will be visiting us in October!
Drop-In Chess (outside as long as the weather permits) will resume on Saturday, September 8, from 10:30 to noon. It will run until October 27.
Stay posted for more information about the authors' visit as well as other fun fall events!
We'd like to thank the following generous donors who contributed to the Youth Services summer reading program. Without their support we could not have the program that the children of Highland Park enjoyed this year. Please let them know how much their support is appreciated when you patronize their businesses.
This summer sure has gone by quickly - Summer Reading is over, and August is just around the corner. We gerbils want to thank all of our Summer Readers - aged from just a few months old to entering 9th grade - for participating in our favorite part of the year!