Summer Reading Week 8: What a Great Summer!
This summer sure has gone by quickly - Summer Reading is over, and August is just around the corner. We gerbils want to thank all of our Summer Readers - aged from just a few months old to entering 9th grade - for participating in our favorite part of the year!
Statistics, Our Favorite!
* Book Buddies: 28 participants
* Preschoolers: 134 participants
* Grade Schoolers: 677 participants
* Number of Teens: 119
* Most popular series reported on:
* Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney
* Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
* My Boyfriend is a Monster
* Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
* Most popular stand-alone books reported on:
* The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
* Burger by Damon Burnard
* The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
* Middle School: the Worst Years of My Life by James Patterson
* Reel Life Starring Us by Lisa Greenwald
Summer Reader of the Week
* Congratulations to 4 year-old Jack D., our last Summer Reader of the Week for the preschool program! Recently, Jack has enjoyed reading Lulu's Piano Lesson by Arlene Alda, Young Henry and the Dragon by Jeanne Kaufman, and Pirate Pup by Caroline Stutson. Great job, Jack!
* Congratulations to third grader Caroline M., the last grade school Summer Reader of the Week. Recently, she's enjoyed reading Sophie's Fish by A.E. Cannon, Isabella's Garden by Glenda Millard, and Wolf Won't Bite by Emily Gravett. Great job, Caroline!
* A big congratulations to all our Summer Readers of the Week: Daniel S., John D., Henry F., Jackson T., Sydney J., Nicholas T., Amelia P., Alexander M., Teddy C., Jack. B., Meadow R., Brayden R., Lila A., Daniel H., Jack D., and Caroline M.!
Summer Reading is Over? Now What? Book Patch!
We still have a fun reading program for you to participate in now that Summer Reading is over - Book Patch! Register for the appropriate grade, then read / report on books to earn a sew-on patch.
We gerbils and our librarians would love to hear what you thought of Summer Reading this year. Please let us know your comments or suggestions. You can comment here on this post, e-mail email@example.com, or fill out a paper comment form when you visit us.
ALSC & LEGO/DUPLO Read! Build! Play! Project
LEGO/DUPLO and the Association for Library Service to Children have joined hands to celebrate and support local libraries. The most nominated library in the Read! Build! Play! Project (vote here) will receive $5,000 for books and supplies. The top 200 libraries will receive a special LEGO/DUPLO Read! Build! Play! toolkit chock full of cutting edge early literacy programming that combines preschool books with a versatile collection of DUPLO bricks. You can vote once per day until October 1 & we hope you do! Share with your friends! We are currently in the top 200 libraries. We're in 72nd place with 111 votes. Thanks for all your support!