What You Need to Know This Week
* Spring Storytime Registration began on March 13 and classes are still open. Visit the April calendar, click on the class of your choice, and register.
* There are still seats available for the Merry Anticipation of Disaster spring break comedy juggling show on March 29 - make sure you register everyone who is attending!
* Sign up to compete in the Spring Gaming Tournament this Saturday, March 31!!!
New 2-Day DVDs
* Coming Soon: Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked (released 3/27).
What’s going on this week?
* Drop-In Chess meets this Saturday at 10:30am, and the 4th-8th grade Gaming Tournament will be held from 10am until it’s over (probably around 2:30 or 3pm).
* The flannel board in the Inger Boye room this week is The Napping House by Audrey Wood.
* Remember, if you go out of town for Spring Break, send Arthur, Merlin and Lancelot a postcard! Stop by the Youth Desk for a mailing label.
Around the web
* The International Board on Books for Young People announced the 2012 Hans Christian Andersen Award winners. This is an award for authors whose complete bodies of work have made a lasting impact on children’s literature as a whole. The author award was awarded to Maria Teresa Andruetto, and the illustrator award to Peter Sis. Find Peter Sis’ books in our library.
* Hey kids - vote in the Children’s Choice Book Awards! Just click on your grade and vote for your favorites.
* From YALSA’s blog The Hub – The Hunger Games by the Numbers – some fascinating stats about the hit book & movie.
* The Washington Post discusses Katniss as a heroine in young adult literature.
* Sick of Hunger Games hype? Guys Lit wire has a suggestion for you – The House of the Scorpion. You can also ask our librarians for other Hunger Games-y suggestions.
* The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2 teaser trailer is out!