What You Need to Know for the Week of September 17
This Week in the Library
* This coming Saturday is another big day for the library - the second of our School Open House days!
* Outdoor Drop-In Chess will meet outside the lower entrance of the library.
* Stop by and celebrate National Library Card Month by signing up for your own library card! It's the most important school supply for your whole family!
* From 3pm to 4pm, storyteller, ventriloquist, and songstress Sandi Sylver will perform - no tickets or registration is required.
* Think you know all the awesome things that the library has for you to check out, use here, or maybe both? Tour the library with one of our staff at 1, 2, or 3pm and you may just learn something new about Highland Park's favorite rainy day spot.
* October 27, the Halloween Railroad will chug into the Meeting Room & Auditorium for its annual spooky visit - the trains run all day, so stop by!
* Dan Gutman & Jon Scieszka are coming to Elm Place School on Tuesday, October 30 from 6:30-7:30pm (with a meet & greet from 7:30-9pm). Pre-order a book by October 15 to receive a personalized autograph in that book, two seats at the event (per book purchase), and two meet-and-greet wristbands. To purchase books, visit the Lake Forest Book Store in person or online. Passes will be available without pre-purchase beginning October 16 - register at our events website.
It's not too late to sign up for Miss Deena's fall storytimes!
Around the Web
Follow our Pinterest activity feed for interesting links & other cool stuff.