My Media Mall
MyMediaMall is a great new way to check out popular audiobooks, ebooks, and videos without ever leaving home. MyMediaMall is open 24/7. Digital books and videos can be downloaded to a personal computer, and enjoyed anywhere on a wide range of portable devices, including MP3 players, IPods, smartphones, and ereaders, including the Amazon Kindle.
Please note: while we want to offer you every available ebook, our selection is limited by several factors. Find out more.
What you need
-An Internet-connected computer (Windows or Mac).
-A Highland Park Public Library Card.
-If you want to read or listen on the go, an e-reader or portable music player.
MyMediaMall is easy to use, and available anytime!
- Go to www.mymediamall.net. Click on "Sign in" at the top right of the screen and follow the instructions to sign in with your Highland Park Library card.
- Need a book now? Check out the “Always Available Audiobooks” section where titles are guaranteed to be available with no wait time. Or do a quick search in the upper left area of the screen. Titles can be found in the Library's catalog, as well.
- Check out digital material.
- Download digital material.
- Read, view, listen, transfer the title to your portable device, or burn it to a CD. The choice is yours.
Don't have an MP3 player? Borrow one from the Library.
Our Quick Start guide will give you a brief overview of My Media Mall, or skip to the device-specific instructions below:
• For audiobooks on an MP3 player, iPod, or Kindle Touch ereader.
• For iPads, iPhones, or iPod Touches (ebooks & audiobooks)
• For other readers (e.g., Sony, Nook, Kobo, etc.) (ebooks)
• For Kindle Devices (ebooks)
• For Windows 8 Devices (ebooks and mp3 audiotooks)
e-audiobooks come in MP3 or WMA - What's the difference?
Using an iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android, BlackBerry or Windows Mobile Device?
You'll need the Mobile Overdrive Media console or app specific to your device. Then check out the detailed instructions above.
What should I buy?
A full listing of compatible e-book devices can be found on the My Media Mall site.
Still Confused? Call the Reference Desk for help at 847-681-7031 or email us.