Reference and Research
The Reference Librarians at Highland Park Public Library are happy to help you with any research project. We can:
- Show you how to use electronic resources
- Assist you in obtaining materials from other libraries
- Guide you through the overwhelming sources of information on the Internet
- Help you identify books and journals appropriate to your subject
From the Reference Desk
Looking to buy a new dishwasher? Want to find out which mp3 player you should purchase? We have a few suggestions on where to find consumer information.
- We have Consumer Reports available in print and online. Both are available for in-library use only, so stop by the Reference Desk and we can direct you to them or set you up on our database computer.
- Looking for free consumer sites? ConsumerSearch.com is an excellent source. They aggregate reviews, analyze them, and then put the results in an easy-to-use package.
- ConsumerReview.com provides reviews by users just like you.
- ConsumerWorld is another free resource providing non-commercial guides to consumer resources and products.