What You Need to Know for the week of June 4
This week: SUMMER REAAAAAAAAAAAADING! Sneak peaks of upcoming books.
In the Library
* SUMMER READING IS FINALLY HERE!
* The library will open at 11am on Wednesday, June 6, because of a staff meeting.
* Summer Outdoor Drop-In Chess starts this Saturday, June 9 from 10:30am-12pm under the overhang at the back entrance near the ravine.
* This week's flannelboard book is Whoever You Are by Mem Fox.
New Book Previews:
* An excerpt from the sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood - called Girl of Nightmares.
* When our librarians saw Neil Gaiman speak he talked about his upcoming picture book called Chu's Day - here's a sneak peak spread off his Tumblr!
* Cover & first chapter sneak peak of Maureen Johnson's The Madness Underneath, sequel to The Name of the Star.
* The first chapter of Lemony Snicket's new book, All the Wrong Questions.
Around the Web
* The first African-American Caldecott winner, Leo Dillon, has passed away. Find his books in our library.
* A fabulous article about why kids enjoy books with poop in the title or about poop and other gross things.
* A Connecticut library has an eTots class, where iPads are used during storytime. Fun!
* Minecraft in the classroom and the library -- we already have lots of kids who come to the library and play!
* A snowglobe that highlights climate change - pretty cool.
* Olympics 2012: Carrying the Flame.
* The Highland Park Historical Society has launched a fundraising project for library neighbor the Stupey Cabin!