- Library Catalog
- Archives & Local History
- Strategic Plan 2019 - 2021
- Library News
- Current Newsletter
- Get a Library Card
- Get Tech Help
- Wireless Printing
- Digital Media Lab
- Museum Passes
- About Us
NaNoWriMo: Come Write In!
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
NaNoWriMo 2019: Come Write-In!
Are you excited to try your hand at National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) this November 2019?
NaNoWriMo started in 1999 and has helped, encouraged, and inspired over 430,000 new and seasoned writers to dedicate themselves to the goal of writing 50,000 words in the month of November.
We’re stoked to support you! This November 2019, the Highland Park Public Library is hosting NaNoWriMo Write Ins – we have meeting rooms reserved with table space (and snacks!), so you can come right in to write!
We will also be premiering a portion of our webpage that will be dedicated to NaNoWriMo Support – things like:
- Links to NaNoWriMo’s Official Prep Webinars (all webinars are live-linked on the calendar and recordings are available after the scheduled date!);
- Copies of NaNo Prep 101: A Six-Week Workshop and Resource Guide for Writers;
- An introduction to NaNo’s Write-Minded Podcast;
- A list of resources – including books available for checkout – on plot outlining, character development, and/or dialogue, to name a few;
- Pep-talk essays written by existing authors like Andy Weir, Alexander Chee, Brandon Sanderson, Chris Cleave, Dave Eggers, Diana Gabaldon, Erin Morgenstern, James Patterson, Jason Reynolds, and more!
The Library will host a drop-in / no reservations required NaNoWriMo Kick-Off and Wrap Writing Quiet Areas in the Lower Level Meeting room on:
- Tuesday, 5 November (7:00PM-8:45PM)
- Monday, 25 November (6:00PM-8:45PM)
Patrons are welcome in the Alyce Brenner Room – or anywhere else in the Library – at any point during NaNoWriMo.
Come Write-In! We hope to see and support you during the struggles and successes of 2019’s National Novel Writing Month!
Registration is not required; please sign-up with your email address if you would like a reminder.
Location: Meeting Room (Lower Level)