- Library Catalog
- Library News
- Current Newsletter
- Get a Library Card
- Book A Librarian
- Archives & Local History
- Tech @ the Library
- Wireless Printing
- Digital Media Lab
- 3D Printing
- About Us
Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
- Is my password the same in the new catalog?
- Can I use the new catalog on my smartphone or tablet?
- Do I have to remember my library card number to log in to my account?
- Do I have any choices of how I receive notices from the Library?
- I heard that my checkouts will automatically renew. Is that true? How does it work?
- Is it possible to pick up my holds at a different Library?
New Catalog Features
- A better, faster browsing experience. The new catalog is optimized for phones and tablets, making it great for on-the-go browsing.
- Your materials will renew 3 days before they are due*, if there are no holds on the item, up to 2 times. You’ll also receive a courtesy reminder when your materials can no longer be automatically renewed.
- Choose how you receive notifications: phone call, email, and text messages are all available options.
- You can pick up materials at any of the 24 libraries within our consortium.
- Keep track of what you want to read and watch with the My Lists feature, or opt-in to save your checkout history to revisit old favorites.
- You can see a map of where other items are located if our copy is checked out with the Map It feature.
- When you have overdue items, you can get an estimate on how much you owe with the fine estimator.
- Change the catalog to another language to make searching easier for non-English users.
Please contact the Library by phone (847.432.0216) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Answer: Not exactly!
|All passwords migrated to the new system in all CAPITAL letters. For example, if your password is patron1, it became PATRON1.|
|You can log into your account in the new catalog by typing your password in all CAPS.|
|Once logged in, you will have the option of creating a new password, if you so desire.|
|Passwords comprised only of numbers were NOT impacted.|
How to change your password in the new catalog
1. Log in to your account in the Library Catalog, using your library card number and current password (using CAPITAL LETTERS).
2. Expand the Change Logon section by clicking the triangle.
3. Click the checkbox to the left of Change Password.
4. Enter your old password, then your new password, then confirm your new password. Your new password can contain a mixture of CAPITAL letters, lowercase letters, or numbers.
5. Click the blue Save button to submit the change. You will see a message that the password has been changed. If you have an email address in your contact information, you will also receive an email confirmation.
Our new catalog features responsive design, which allows you to see it clearly on your phone, tablet or computer.
Instead of using a long library card number, you can create an easy-to-remember username to log in. You can even use your email address as your username! Access the Change Username feature in the same box as Change Password (see #1 above).
You can choose to receive Library notices by email, text, US mail, or phone.
1. Log in to your account in the Library Catalog, using your library card number and password.
2. Expand the Contact Information and Preferences section by clicking the triangle.
3. Fill in (or change) the information for email address and phone number.
4. Choose your preference from the drop-down menu.
5. If you want to receive text messages, you'll need to select your cell service carrier from the list. You'll also need to provide an email address.
6. Click the blue Save button to submit the change. You will see a message that information has been changed. If you have an email address in your contact information, you will also receive an email confirmation.
Eligible materials will be automatically renewed (up to two times). Items that are not eligible to be renewed include Hot Picks, materials that have holds for other patrons, and items that have reached their renewal limit.
If you'd like, you can choose to pick up your holds at any of the 24 libraries in our consortium. When you place a hold, you'll be given the option to choose from a list of libraries. Use the drop down menu to make your selection.